Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Forbidden Word

Our lives are busy. Too busy. I've come to dislike using the word "busy", but I'm not sure how to get around it lately.

BTK and I are trying to save each other from sinking too fast. We can't keep up with what life is handing us right now, so we've resorted to little pushes here and there (when our paths cross) to let the other know we are behind 'em. It's working so far...

But we are both looking forward to that window...the one that will open to let some air in. The one that will let us breathe again. The one that we can climb through and find a quiet place to meditate, together.

We are surviving, and we aren't complaining (well, he's not), but we both know that this isn't how we prefer to live our lives. We prefer a slower pace; time with which to work.

This picture is what I look like today. I look pregnant and I feel that way too :)


On a lighter note, Chuck killed a rabbit yesterday. He broke its leg and let it bleed to death. BTK buried it in the backyard.

And an even lighter note, I have a midterm in Biomedical Ethics today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you guys are so busy, sister. That really sucks. But you do what you gotta do, right? Good luck on your midterm today. And I think it's almost time to think about posting a picture once a week of your little one ;)

Kate said...

I was having a nice day, eting my lunch when I thought it was again time to check in with Mise en Place and see what is going on. I was about through the latest post and taking a delicious bite of my salad when I learned of Chuck's latest conquest...gross. Thanks for the lovely thoughts :) Hope you find time to breathe! Try and steal small moments, they are often the best!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you have to look at those "busy" days as a challenge, and at the end of the day, think of how well you succeeded at accomplishing those tasks that overwhelmed you. I think you are doing an awesome job with your busy days, especially when you have the sunshine to keep you lighthearted and smiling!! Keep up the great job and know that I am ALWAYS thinking of you! Enjoy these warm, sunny days that we've all been waiting for all winter, busy or not!! Love ya, Mom

Jocelyn said...

Oh, you lucky gel: getting to be one of those lovely stick-with-a-bump body types! As long as you're cognizant that it's time to slow down and appreciate, then you're still on the right path.

I hope that nebulous sentence sounds wise, as it doesn't bear up under close scrutiny.