Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Mile A Minute

I don't know what our little being is doing in there, but it must be intense cause that heartbeat was about 160bpm!!!! Dave suggested maybe a little kung-fu, but I think our child would better enjoy a little choreographed dancing.

So, there really isn't a whole lot to report, except that we DID hear the heartbeat, and it was AMAZING! I've never heard anything so incredible! I've known that there is a little being growing inside me, but to hear a heartbeat that isn't my own... coming from my tummy area... gave me a connection that I didn't have before. It's really alive and living and growing and breathing developing and one day it's gonna be a real live newborn! And we are gonna be able to choreograph our own dances to our favorite songs!! And we'll eat frozen gummy bears together (but certainly not as much as I do now) while we prepare dinner (how old is this newborn gonna be and will it be able to help me with dinner right away?) for the father of the family.

Ben and I are gonna be such great parents. We can't wait to give our kids chores without allowances, limited TV time, early bedtimes and curfews, and as many awkward lectures as we can while they grow up :) It's gonna be great!

Really though, we just feel incredibly blessed that this pregnancy is progressing so well. I won't get an ultrasound for another seven weeks, and only then will they be able to give me a due date. So, hang on tight folks! And sorry for being such a slacker on my blog!

Happy Hump Day :)


5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, you make me smile ;)

BTW, Baby B helps me with cooking already! And he totally doesn't get an allowance either.

Sayre said...

Absolutely excited for you!!! I will never hear that for myself again, but I remember that sense of awe with the first hearing.

Thanks for sharing!

Jocelyn said...

I can still hear the sound of my babies' heartbeats...that swooshing that signaled perfect joy.

Kind of makes you understand why Tom Cruise bought an ultrasound machine, to keep there in the house, eh?

Jenny said...

Congrats!Enjoy every moment!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for both of you! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time, for the first baby, is very exciting. But it never gets old, it's just as exciting for the second, third, and fourth baby, as maybe you might find out!!!! Dave might be right about the kung fu or maybe junior is doing yoga and is mixing up the positions as his/her mother did right before she was born and came out breach!! Just a guess!! It's comforting to know that after 29 years, giving kids chores without an allowance was not a bad idea! Dad and I are looking so forward to you and Ben being great parents!!
Love you,
Mom