Friday, May 16, 2008

BIG DAY TODAY

I can't explain the feeling I have right now, knowing that in six hours I'll be laying on a hospital bed listening to the heartbeat of our growing fetus. It's not excitement or anxiousness, I think it's more of a "holding my breath" type of feeling. Like, I can't exhale until I hear it. I can't even imagine what it's going to sound like, or how clear it will be. Perhaps we'll barely be able to decipher the beats. I don't know what to expect. Maybe that's why I'm holding my breath.

Last I heard, it's not possible to hold your breath for six hours. We'll see how I do.

I have questions for the doctor that I will probably forget to ask. I should write them down in order to remember, but I won't. It's just not my style. I need to ask about lifting heavy objects, cause the people at work are driving me nuts with the, "should you even be lifting that?". It's driving me nuts cause I don't know. I also need to know why the contents of my abdomen area are so sore in the morning. My muscles hurt as if I've been tightening them all night. And I have to slowly rise when I get up in the middle of the night to *tinkle* because it feels like when I stand up everything in there moves and shifts and it's really uncomfortable. And I need to ask him about sunbathing. I do it incessantly during the summer and I need to know what is safe for the baby.

My pants are smaller, or rather, my tummy is a bit "different" and my pants press into my belly when I sit down and it kinda hurts a little.

Appointment is at 2:15 today! Updates to come!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Soooo, how was it?

I'll never forget those moments--'tho they recede into the backdrop of daily life. Your posts are helping me remember.

You don't seem far enough along to be feeling round ligament pain yet...but maybe? I know it really plagued me with my second pregnancy.

Sayre said...

I tore a ligament when I was pregnant - and it STILL hurts from time to time. I suppose that as long as you aren't crawling into and out of a dumpster in search of some important bit of paper you accidently threw away, you'll be okay.

One of the girls at work is pregnant and right at about the same place you are. She heard her baby's heartbeat for the first time last Thursday. She is still in awe.

I hope all went well for you - I await further updates!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for yuou guys!!! Amber and I are waiting patiently for all the news you will deliver.

The pain is probably from the baby practicing kung fu all night long. I'm no expert at actually being pregnant or anything. All I know is that my kids kick my ass daily...as if it's their job.

I assume they had to be practicing ass whooping while in gestation. I mean, they're in there for 9 months! What the hell else are they going to do??

Love you!!
Dave