Saturday, December 1, 2007

Quickie

I will write this post without concern with where it starts or how it will end.

I've been having a difficult time forming thoughts complete enough to post on this blog. This could be due to a number of factors, including it being the end of the semester with only one week left before finals, BTK hasn't been feeling well and I'm trying to take care of him without knowing what I'm up against, and winter has just laid itself upon this town and it always takes a little effort for me to adjust mentally into a new season. :)

With all of this going on, I'm a bit of a mental case and who knows what that would look like in words on a computer screen... So I've kinda kept myself away from blogging.

I posted a week ago about going to my H.S. reunion... and I went. I did have a great time:) I worked the door for about an hour and a half with Lindsay and Nancy as I dumped gin and tonic into my head.

By the time I actually went into the reception area, I was warm and fuzzy with alcohol and had already said hello to everyone cause I checked them in at the door. I continued to drink (too quickly) and mingled with all kinds of people, including the guy who I called by the wrong name (first and last!) when I checked him in. Unfortunately, I spent more time talking with the people that I haven't seen since H.S. than the friends I still stay in touch with... but maybe that is the point of the reunion. I had all that anxiety about seeing people after ten years, and for nothing, for everything went swimmingly once a little alcohol settled into my blood. I enjoyed catching up with all the friendly faces and am very happy that I went.


And apparently they were too :)

2 comments:

Libby said...

The end of the semester is sofa king stressful, isn't it?

Sounds like the reunion was fun, you know, everyone stresses about going to those events and in the end, everyone is glad they did. I mean I have yet to hear anyone say, "oh, such a waste of an evening."

Best of luck with finals!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time.

I can't compose a decent thought b/c I think when you get pregnant you get stupid. It has seemed that way anyway (for me). My posts are not often and they are probably stupid but I can't tell the difference anyway. haha.