Monday, April 21, 2008

First and Foremost...

It's my Momma's birthday, all day long, TODAY!

I won't see her today, but I'll be thinking about her. And I'll call her and tell her I love her. And I'll say a special birthday prayer for her, but only because she deserves it. You see, my mother is an incredible, fabulous woman. She is witty and daring, lovely and caring. She gives and gives, and asks and dotes. When she hugs me, it feels like she's trying to press all of her love into me. She wants for laughter and fun, but would also carry all of your bad feelings for you, if she could. She's creative, influential, and POWERFUL. She doesn't know her strength in these areas, but exudes them just the same. She has a place on this planet that no one else could fill, and I wouldn't have her any other way.

Happy Birthday Mom!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, it is also the day that BTK and I will visit the doctor... FINALLY!!
We are ready and looking forward to it and will update!

3 comments:

Sayre said...

oh! How did it go???

Happy birthday to your mom. The love you have for her just jumps off the page here. One day you will be that person for someone else!

Unknown said...

That woman my sister talks so highly about holds the same place in my hart. She is the most wonderful woman in the world....and I forgot to call her on her special day! She didn't even hesitate to forgive me :) She is an amazing person and I love her dearly.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. S! (a little late...sorry)

And Rene', I hope you are feelin' the love after your finals today!!