Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Night And Day

Last night I felt like the universe was going to swallow me whole. It felt like it was slowly suffocating me and it wasn't letting up. I turned in with Ben just after nine. I felt like a new person this morning and was pleasantly surprised that the universe decided to let me live another day.

I arose at 5am. Sounds early, doesn't it? Well, it just so happens that my body's clock is always on time and seeing as I went to bed so early, it counted the hours and still gave me almost eight hours of sleep. I felt very rested and content.

And I still feel content. I took some time for studying, running with Chuck, and bathing the dogs and myself (separately, of course) and it is only 8:35am. I still have the entire day ahead of me to do with whatever I want.

The dogs fought last night and since then Indy's knee has really been bothering him. Must've done something to it in the scuffle. He hasn't used that leg at all since... just hopping around on his newly fixed leg (the one he had surgery on about three months ago). Poor guy. He's been limping for a while now, but the incident with Chuck last night must've twisted it or strained it more. We would schedule him right in for surgery, but we have to take him to Ohio for that which means time off work and school and with the holidays coming, we've already plans for weekends away. We might have to wait until Christmas to get the little guy fixed. We'll be in Ohio for Christmas anyway, so it won't mean an extra trip. I wish we could get him some crutches or a wheelchair or something to make him more comfortable in the meantime.

It is my goal to have Indy fixed up and back into a slow jog by next summer. That would really be great. We should be able to make that happen.

It is Wednesday (hump day), which means after today we'll be in the home stretch for the weekend!

Happy Hump Day:)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

:) Yay, RAK!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Maybe some pain meds or some glucosomine in the meantime if it's a joint injury? I hate to think of your doggie suffering.

I'm the same way with sleep - I need a solid 7 hours and then I'm up and perky.

rak said...

lady- yes i do believe you are right that we should give him some pain meds... we have glucosamine but it hasn't done anything for him in the past.

Anonymous said...

We all have those days every now and then. Sometimes you just have to give in and let it go by and start new in the morning. It sounds like you did the right thing and started fresh the next day. I wish we didn't require any sleep. I love staying up late, watching a movie or whatever, but I also like to get up early, get some things done, and still have the whole day ahead of me. I also think that you should give Indy some glucosomine. Friends of mine gave it to their dog and they thought it worked because they saw some improvement. Love, Mom

rak said...

mom- i too wish we didn't require sleep. i could do without it:)