Friday, August 29, 2008

LET THE COMPLAINING BEGIN!!!!!

It started a couple of days ago...when I started to really feel pregnant. What does it mean to really feel pregnant, you ask? Well, it all begins with the feeling that gravity is going to steal your belly off of, well...your belly. Whether I'm standing up or laying on one of my many two sides, my belly is being pulled towards the center of the earth.

Now, I know this is the miracle of life and stuff, but perhaps this one miracle could've come fashioned with a belly sidecar, in order to make carrying easier and more comfortable.

Also, it is a physiological FACT that not getting enough sleep will result in a person literally going insane. Hmmm.................and our Creator decided on the following things:
1. We need X amount of sleep.
2. Not getting X amount of sleep will result in INSANITY.
3. Pregnant women will not get X amount of sleep in the months before bearing a child.
4. New moms will be INSANE.

Did I mention that sleeping has become a nightly challenge? Just as He planned.

And it hurts to put on socks and shoes.
And I'm supposed to be preparing, but I'm tired much of the time (lack of sleep?).
And my sciatic nerve hurts.
And I'm not supposed to lift ANYTHING, according to EVERYONE except my doctor and me.
And my legs cramp up if I'm not careful.

BUT, when I'm laying in bed at the end of the day with my enormous belly exposed for the world my baby's daddy to see and we are watching it morph into different shapes and feeling the movement of our baby and BTK is trying to hear it through my belly and he is talking to it and we are sharing in this really incredible miracle...I can truly appreciate the awesome challenge this journey brings forth.

This is what my giant belly looks like as of an hour ago today:





7 comments:

Jamie said...

:) What a journey it is...
Your belly is far from giant. You are quite possibly the most adorable little pregnant person ever.

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely wonderful and pregnant. Boy how time flies, (easy for me to say), you only have 2 1/2 months to go--Hang in there!!
Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Rene, that's a cute "baby bump" - how exciting! You've only "just begun" on this awesome journey into parenthood! Congratulations to both my niece and nephew; I can't wait to be a "Great Aunt". Looking forward to seeing you three soon! Love you both!
Aunt Linda

Sayre said...

The insanity is only just starting...

Actually, if you're lucky, the baby will be a good sleeper and you will take advantage of that by SLEEPING.

It can make a huge difference.

But for now, when you're ready to sleep, baby Rak is ready to play!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so excited for both of you! Mom (aunt Linda) gave me your blog site. I wanted to get in touch and see how you are. I can see and empathize with the way you are feeling. The end result though is the most amazing thing. There is no better feeling than being a mother. Enjoy this experience and keep in touch.

Love ya,
Cousin Shell

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like your round ligament muscles are starting to protest. Are you downing Tums around the clock and sleeping, sitting upright, on the couch yet?

If not, there's still much to look forward to.

You are twenty-nine steps beyond adorable, O You Lucky Woman Who Stays Stick Thin and Just Gets the Bump.

Unknown said...

Hi sister! You look beautiful. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. I've been thinking of you tons. Love Amy