Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We are headed off this afternoon to a Jack Johnson concert, compliments of the "Nguyen party of two". This adventure will take us to the East side of Michigan, to a place I know all too well...formerly called Pine Knob. I still call it Pine Knob, although its' name changed years ago to DTE Energy Music Theater (can you see why I still call it Pine Knob?). It's not often enough that we hit a concert, and the fact that it's Jack Johnson will make it that much more enjoyable.

I started volunteering with the Dietitians at Holland Hospital a week ago :) My first project is updating and consolidating the hundreds of files they have on Nutrition, diseases, etc. Now, at first this seemed to me a "let's keep her outta our way" type of project. But after only two weeks, I can see that being planted at a file cabinet in the middle of four Dietitians desks while reading over and validating Nutrition information is going to be an invaluable experience. I hear all of their Dietetics chatter while they bounce ideas off each other and talk to each other about different clients. For me, the hours go so fast and I enjoy every minute. I'm looking forward to what lies ahead for me as we get to know each other and they begin to trust me with heavier tasks.

I begin a class at Western in a couple of weeks. It's called Biomedical Ethics and makes me want to yak. BUT, who knows...could be really interesting, I suppose.

Ben and I are also looking forward to a little getaway to a place called Charleston, SC. It will be sunny and HOT (or warm) and we will be far away from anything and anyone where we can focus on each other and the new land in front of us.

I have a new girl name....Sydney Faye.... what d'ya think? I think Ben likes Keegan Faye better, but what does he know anyways?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want your baby's FAVORITE aunt's input...I LOVE that name ;)

Sayre said...

Sydney Fsye rolls off the tongue a little better. That's why I named my son Zachariah Paul. We call him Zach. Full names are wonderful, but think about what you'll actually call her daily. Do we know it's a girl? or are you just tossing names around?