Monday, November 5, 2007

A Favorite Wine


BTK and I are involved with a small group who explores wines from different regions. This past Saturday night, we enjoyed California "Big Reds". Seven courses paired with seven different wines from that region. I was especially pleased to partake b/c I have, once again, fallen in love with red wine. I attribute my love to my Italian roots and the fact that when "the family" gets together, there are many jugs of red on the table. Once I was of age, it took a couple of years before I wasn't hung over on Christmas morning from the celebration on Christmas Eve, where it wasn't uncommon to end with a dozen empty liters of the staple drink.



Until I met my husband, I only had eyes for red. Now I love both, depending on the mood, the food, and the season.




The purpose of this post is to introduce you to a favorite of mine. While at a party downtown, my girlfriend Erin chose this for us to enjoy, and at $9 a glass she wisely put it on an unsuspecting patrons tab...



2 comments:

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I love white but my guy loves red so I am learning to enjoy it

Anonymous said...

I can't drink wine! haha...no good to me :)